Ten Week Acoustic Blues Guitar Workshop!
With Buffalo Music HOF member and Berklee School of Music Alumnus Jim Brucato!
Explore the fingerpicking styles of the great acoustic bluesmen of the ’20s, ’30s, ’40s, and beyond…
Charlie Patton, Blind Lemon Jefferson, Robert Johnson, Lightnin’ Hopkins
- Boogie woogie bass lines played with thumb
- Independent chordal “comping” while playing bass with thumb
- Licks and solo playing in open position
- Common open tunings
- “Bottleneck” or “slide” guitar
- Ragtime blues
Workshop runs from Tuesday November 7th to January 16th*
6:00 – 8:00 pm in the Sportsmen’s Studio at 330 Amherst St.
All 10 weeks for only:
- $180 for SAM Foundation members
- $200 for non-members
Participants should have a decent guitar and the ability to play basic open chords.
Sign up at the merch store or email Don Nelson
Class size limited!
Call Don Nelson at 716-553-0564 for more information.
* some workshop dates may be adjusted